Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dollhouse Makeover!

I decided to re-do my old childhood dollhouse for my little girl. It was SO FUN. I think it was probably more fun for me to re-do it than it is for her to play with it. I started with this. It definitely needed some work.


 This is the completed house! I painted it bright blue. It took two cans of spray paint. I decided not to paint the floor in each room so that it looked like it had wood floors. I did, however, put a coat of Mod Podge on each floor to protect it from any further damage. The kitchen floor is covered in a plastic flooring I found at Hobby Lobby in the dollhouse section. You can get a better look at it in the following pictures. I adhered it to the wood floor with plain Elmer's glue. I painted the bathroom floor because it had previously been painted so I didn't have much choice. All the the wallpaper is scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. I adhered it with two sided tape. Each room required two sheets of 12" x 12"  scrapbook paper. 


These sweet little peg people resemble my family. I have been meaning to paint our dog on a peg...but I have not gotten around to it. I got these little nude wood pegs at Hobby Lobby and painted them with plain cheap acrylic paint. 


Here is the master bedroom. All the wood furniture throughout the entire house was purchased from Amazon. The brand is Hape. It's great quality if your looking for dollhouse furniture! All the rugs you see in the house are dollies from Michael's dollar section. 


The family portrait on the back wall is on a 2" x 2" canvas. You can get tiny canvases all over the place these days. I think this one was from Michael's. 


Next is the nursery. The "Hello Sunshine" picture on the wall is a miniature card I found at Michael's. I up mounted in with white foam core and covered it with clear glossy packing tape to protect is. I then adhered it to the wall with foam tape.  



The kitchen might be my favorite room! The table is original to the house when it belonged to me. The pictures on the left were cut out of a magazine and treated the same way the picture in the nursery was finished. The picture frame above the sink was found at a garage sale and the tiny 
city-scape inside was cut from a magazine. 


Look how happy I am about cooking in my new kitchen...ha.


Here we have my little one's room. The tiny horse came from a goody bag at a friend's party. The picture on the wall is exactly the same as the picture in the nursery, just a different card. The tiny easel and canvas came from Michael's.



Then we have the bathroom.


Last, we have the living room. The pictures frames on the wall came from the scrap booking section at Hobby Lobby and I cut the pictures inside from an art magazine. The tiny coo coo clock came from the dollhouse section at Hobby Lobby.  




No comments:

Post a Comment