Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!!


I wanted to make something cute for my daughter's Mother's Day Out Valentines Day party. So, I did what any good mom would do and hit up Pinterest. Pinterest has all the answers! I came across an overwhelming amount of great ideas, and this is the one I decided to go with. It was pretty easy and fun. You can even use those old broken crayons everyone hates because, let's face it, they are pointless. I, however, used brand new crayons...I didn't have enough of those little useless ones.

 
Okay, this step made the entire process SO much easier. Use an X Acto knife and cut right down the side of the crayon. I assume a box cutter might work as well. That makes it possible to take the entire paper off really quickly. If I had to peel all of the crayons, I would have given up after five minutes.

 
Next, cut up your crayons and place them in a silicone baking tray. I used a pair of kitchen scissors to cut mine. The hearts in my silicone baking tray are bigger than a lot of the other tutorials. You can use whatever size or shape makes you happy. :)
 
 

Place your broken crayons in the oven. Place silicone on cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Once they are melted, let them cool completely before you remove them. You can speed this process up by putting them in the freezer.



Peeling them out of the silicone is the fun part. :)


To finish mine off and make them ready to give away, I placed a paper doily in a plastic pastry bag (you can get both of those in the baking isle at Wal-mart, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.) and created a label to staple on the top. You can buy my label HERE if you like.




Woo hoo! That was fun. Now go give them to your friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment